Lighting large spaces can be difficult, especially if they have high or vaulted ceilings. Sconces are lovely and mounted on the wall, but they require sawed holes and manual wiring to be correctly installed. Tall floor lamps, fortunately, are an inexpensive, low-maintenance choice for filling the emptiness of a dimly lighted environment.
When shopping for a nice floor lamp for a high ceiling, keep the following points in mind. So, in this essay, we will discuss what to consider when purchasing products and list quality products that many people use so that you can make an informed decision for your roommate.
Things to Look out for when buying Floor Lamps
Your room will feel more warm and luxurious with a good floor lamp for a suitable high ceiling. These floor lamps will be especially useful if the light from your ceiling is insufficient.
#1 Height of the Floor Lamp
Before purchasing an interior lamp, particularly a floor lamp for a high ceiling, you must first identify where the lamp will be placed. What is the point of it?
Is the height of your floor lamp proportional to the height of your ceiling? A lamp of 70 inches or comparable to the best will fit in a room with a 9-foot high ceiling.
It will be extremely simple to select the appropriate height from there. A decent floor lamp for a high ceiling to add general light to the space would need to be a bit taller, making it easier to use, as a floor lamp should not stretch too far since it will not be able to beam the necessary light. can distribute light across the space
#2 Weight of the Floor Lamp
When the lamp is tall, there is a greater chance that it will fall over. Only the heavyweight will be able to prevent this. So, when you acquire the tall heightened lamp, make sure the base has a good weight to it and isn’t easy to move.
Because not all floor lamps have the same lampshade, you must also consider the lampshades when selecting the best interior lamp for you.
More or less light will be released depending on the type of lampshade. As a result, you should select a floor lamp with an appropriate lampshade based on your requirements.
Choose lamps with a lampshade that can be adjusted, allowing you to direct the light in the desired direction. Lampshades come in a variety of shapes, including conical lights, blank lights, boys’ lights, and more.
Choose an interior lamp that complements the overall design of the room. Fabric for lampshades is also crucial. Because a dark cloth will have a completely different effect than a white one, you must know ahead of time which material would work best for your floor light.
If you wish to put the floor lamp next to the sofa or armchair to offer reading light, make sure the shade at the bottom is around your eye level while sitting – that is, the top of the light. When measured from the floor, it is typically around 1m5.
Remember that picking the proper shine shade is crucial. If you want a soft ambient light, go for a semi-dim light; if you want to draw attention to a wall or ceiling, go for a light that casts a black shadow. It’s best to use recessed LEDs for decorative lighting.
Top 5 Best Floor Lamps for High Ceilings
#1 TROND LED Torchiere Floor Lamp
TROND LED Torchiere Floor Lamp is completely integrated with helpful capabilities for your high ceilings and is capable of illuminating your space.
This floor lamp is built with an ultra-thin metal headlamp yet optimized in weight so that it is very light, reducing the user’s injury when moving or needing to fall.
- 56 3030 LEDs (1W each LED) have been upgraded to maximum performance. In a 15″ by 20″ 30W power consumption, the LED torchiere lamp will emit enough natural light (5500K) to illuminate your living room, bedroom, or office. The lamp’s head can swivel swiftly and illuminate in any direction.
- This floor lamp is unique in that it has four modular metal rods, all of which have integrated power cords. This design allows you to construct, disassemble, and alter the height with ease. It stands 180cm/71in tall, making it taller than other similar lights and preventing you from staring straight at the strong light.
- Memory function with a dimmable range of 5 degrees. This dimmable floor lamp, with five degrees of light and a precise touch-control, ensures high lighting levels ranging from 630lm to 5000lm. It will revert to the previous light set based on the last use. When the power is shut off, it promptly turns back on to become illuminated in the final light. To start the 30-minute light timer, hold down the on/off button for a long period and take a safe step upward without turning off the light.
#2 Adesso 4026-26 Maui Arc Lamp
Your space should be not only tall but also large to accommodate this floor light. The Adesso floor lamp is made up of three suspended arcs with barrel-shaped shades hanging from them. This lamp’s top arm is 82 inches tall, while the bottom arm is 53 inches from the ground.
The base is solid enough, made of cement, and measures 12.5 inches wide. Both of these criteria imply that the lamp will not readily topple over. On top of that, its weight of 32.6 pounds attests to its sturdiness.
- Due to its height, the lamp’s three branches provide excellent mood lighting throughout the space. It looks excellent behind the sectional sofa in the living room and may also be used in the foyer.
- A rotary switch is located on the pole. You can turn the lamp on and off with this button. Keep in mind that all three lights will turn on and off at the same time, and you won’t be able to choose which one to turn on when.
- With a cord length of 60 inches, it does not limit your placing options. You may place it wherever in your house without worrying about having an outlet nearby. After all, the lamp is reasonably priced and the greatest tall 3-light floor lamp available.
#3 JONATHAN Y JYL3055A Cora 60″ Floor Lamp
If you’re looking for a gold finish floor lamp for a high ceiling room, look no further. Jonathan Y JYL3055A accomplishes the task admirably. It’s a lamp with a glass tray that stands 25.5 inches off the ground, about the height of a side table.
In contrast to other traditional lamps that are immovable, it does allow for adjustment. The lamp’s neck rotates around to meet your demands and assist you in light exactly where you want it the most, thanks to its swing arm design.
- The lamp’s white linen drum shade adds to its appeal. Furthermore, it includes LED bulbs that are rated to last 25,000 hours. And because they are LED bulbs, you will notice a big reduction in your electricity expenses.
- It has the shortest height of any floor lamp for high ceilings. It measures 60 inches in total and scatters the light beam evenly. The lamp emits a 2700k color temperature, allowing you to read while also providing illuminating atmosphere.
- Whereas the footswitch is a boon in this light, it may also be a nuisance depending on where you put it. You may choose between chrome and bronze finishes to match your décor. So, click the button below to check them out.
#4 Globe Electric Novogratz x Globe Temple 70″ Floor Lamp
Globe Electric has the greatest tall thin floor lamps for people who have cramped quarters. It stands 70.6 inches tall and has a slim body with matte black finishes.
The lamp looks stunning in modern and contemporary environments. It emits a bright light that spreads around the room. This lamp’s ambient illumination elevates the décor and art pieces to the next level.
- Despite its small form, it is quite durable. The lamp weighs 21.8 pounds and is difficult for your youngsters and mischievous pets to move. It, too, has a rotary switch for turning on and off, just like the lamp above.
- Because the lamp’s shade rests directly on the bulb, slight movement causes it to tilt. This is one of its drawbacks. However, if you want to keep it off of the road, it will suffice.
- This lamp has other possibilities for different settings, such as adding touches to your decor. So, you may check them out by clicking the icon above.
#5 JOOFO Led Floor Lamp
Joofo Led Floor Lamp is well as a model that provides adequate light to the eyes while also having a long lifespan, and the product is merged with incredibly clever capabilities to provide consumers with a sense of convenience.
- Brighter lamps with 12W lumens offer 1,000 lumens of visibility (equal to a 150W combustible bulb); a light that gently flickers less is not unsafe. The floor lamp has a life expectancy of over 50,000 hours and can save up to 80% of your energy. Even the gorgeous light is environmentally friendly and heat-free.
- 2 in 1 Smart Remote Control and Touch Control: The lead standing luminaire on the bed or couch may be intelligently controlled over a 49.2ft range. You may alter the steady light with a light finger touch thanks to the highly adaptive, integrated touch control (brightness from 5 percent to 100 percent ). Stepless dimming provides a comfortable level of illumination for dining, working, reading, resting, and sleeping.
- It is Compatible with Smart Plug and Wall Switch: The floor reading lamp can be turned on and off using the wall switch and smart plug, which are both very simple to use.
Our Top Pick
Adesso 4026-26 Maui Arc Lamp
We determined the Adesso 4026-26 Maui Arc Lamp to be the best floor lamp for high ceilings out of all the floor lamps we tested. It is an 82-inch-tall lamp with three barrel-shaped branches. Because of the cloth shade, it emits a soft light and has an on/off switch on the pole.
Our Top Pick
Frequently Asked Questions
A decent floor lamp for high ceilings will require you to make a different choice than other floor lights, which will take some time to master. However, in this article, we have evaluated and presented you with the essentials for your product selection, and we hope that you will choose the perfect product for yourself.
Are you ready to illuminate your high-ceilinged room? Purchase a one-floor lamp right now.